Designer, curator for art, architecture and media
Director emeritus of the MAK Vienna / Los Angeles
1986–2011 Artistic Director and C.E.O. of the MAK (Austrian Museum of Applied Arts / Contemporary Art), Vienna / Los Angeles.
2006 Foundation of the Josef Hoffmann Museum, Brtnice, a joint branch of the Moravian Gallery in Brno and the MAK Vienna. 2008 Donation of the Fitzpatrick-Leland House (Rudolph M. Schindler 1936) to the MAK Center by Russ Leland and foundation of the MAK Urban-Future-Initiative (UFI), Los Angeles.
1994 Founder of the MAK Center for Art and Architecture, Los Angeles, California (in three seminal buildings of the Austro-American architect Rudolph M. Schindler. Start of the MAK Artists-and-Architects-in-Residence scholarship program.
1988–1993 Initiator and Artistic Director of the general adaptation of the MAK. Commissions internationally renowned artists for the artistic intervention of the MAK’s permanent collection (with Jenny Holzer, Franz Graf, Manfred Wakolbinger, Eichinger oder Knechtl, Peter Noever, Barbara Blum, Günther Förg, Heimo Zobernig and Donald Judd).
1989—1994 Publisher and editor-in-chief of the architecture magazine UMRISS.
1988—1989 Guest professor of museology at the Academy of Applied Arts, Vienna.
1975—1993 Lecturer of design analysis at the Academy of Fine Arts, Vienna.